Are you considering a degree in graphic design?
If you might be looking at starting a career path in art and design, you often will enroll at a high-quality nearby university or other school that has either a certificate, associate’s or bachelor’s qualification program in the arts and graphic arts area.
What kind of person is this career path suited for?
Individuals who possess art abilities might do very well in a art and design vocation. In reality, any person who lacks a little artistic ability will probably have a hard time in this industry.
This area of study entices fine art majors who would want to have a career in a artsy line of business, but just don’t have the drive or the passion to labor solely as a full-time studio artist over their complete career life.
So what type of formal training is needed?
One of the many good features about the field of design is that some of these training courses could be finished in less than four school years. Most starting designing gigs do not necessitate a Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Fine Arts degree.
But it might be necessary to enroll at a school which has a reputable visual design department. In today’s highly competitive economy, employers are normally looking at locating the highest qualified people they can get a hold of. And organizations believe that the majority of the outstanding people were taught at the good universities or private institutions.
Should a college or school help me find a job?
A great number of academic institutions make an effort to supply you with job placement help through your visual design career life. Career placement is a high priority with them.
Have you decided to get going?
See these good options:
- Full Sail’s curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement.
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average.
- Students work with industry-standard tools and technologies, allowing them to gain practical knowledge and real-world experience.
- Join us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram to interact with our community, read about grad success, and see campus images.
- Graphic Design, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- Computer Animation, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- Game Design, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- And more...
- "Apply Now to The Art Institutes - Pursue Your Passion Today."
- Design & Technical Graphics (BS)
- Graphic & Web Design (BFA)
- Graphic Design (AS)
- And more...
Or pick in a zip code and search for yourself:
Not sure if design is the right field for you? You can check out more and look at more local courses.