Do you have an interest in working as a graphic designer?
In case you are looking at working for a career in art and design, you can probably enter a high-quality local institution that features either a certificate, associate’s or bachelor’s degree program in the arts and graphic arts area.
Exactly who is this major for?
Folks who have always had artistic ability will often do quite well in a visual design line of work. In most cases, anybody who does not have some kind of artistic skill will have a hard time in this career path.
This particular field brings in fine art students who would love to have a career in a creative occupation, but just don’t have the aspiration or the appetite to labor strictly as a full-time studio artisan over their entire career life.
Just what level of professional schooling is required?
One of many cool benefits about going into art and design is that a few of these education courses can be fulfilled in less than four school years. A good number of starting design opportunities do not demand a Bachelor of Fine Arts or Bachelor of Arts degree.
But it also might be important to go to a school which includes a decent graphic arts department. With our demanding job market, businesses are constantly interested in hiring the highest qualified people they can get a hold of. And organizations know that a lot of the top individuals took classes at the good colleges or schools.
Can my college or school help me get hired at my first job?
A majority of these schools make an effort to offer work placement solutions all through your visual arts career path. Employment placement is really a top priority with them.
Do you want to get moving?
Check out these schools:
- Averett University is a top-ranked, fully-accredited institution that offers students over 30 undergraduate majors, minors and special programs, and 5 master's programs.
- Accelerated programs designed for convenience: choose from weekly evening courses at one of Averett's Virginia locations or study online and on your own time.
- Averett University was named one of Virginia’s top colleges for return on investment, and their average scholarship package lowers the cost of attendance further by almost 40%.
- Averett offers students learning experiences that mirror real-life situations. This means you can put today's lesson to the test during tomorrow’s workday.
- Averett University's 12:1 student-professor ratio makes your education a collaborative endeavor based on close relationships between students and faculty.
- Bachelor of Arts
- ECPI’s programs keep you ahead of curve in today’s fast-growing tech industry
- SACS accredited with campuses in Virginia, Florida, North Carolina & South Carolina
- US News & World Report ranks Online Bachelor’s Programs among top 10%
- Choose from programs in Cybersecurity, Cloud Computing, Engineering & more
- Qualifying students can take faith in EPCI’s unwavering Fixed Tuition Pledge
- Web Design & Development
- Campus-based and online degrees include Computer Animation (BS), Digital Arts and Design (BS), Graphic Design (BS), and more
- Students take ongoing portfolio courses that allow them to build and refine their design portfolio
- Courses teach skills such as advertising, branding, visual messaging, and concept design
- Curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement
- Graphic Design, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- Computer Animation, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- Game Design, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- And more...
Or pick a zip code and search for yourself:
Not sure if this is the right career field for you? You can learn more about additional classes.