Are you considering going to college for a graphic design degree?
In case you’ve been imagining beginning a career path in art and design, you can probably find a good local or online university that offers either a certificate, associate’s or bachelor’s level program in the arts and design fields.
Exactly who is this subject best for?
Folks who possess some artistic skills can potentially do quite well in a graphic arts vocation. In all reality, anybody who does not have a certain amount of art talents will probably struggle in this industry.
The subject brings in art majors who choose to have a job within a creative job, but do not possess the drive or the appetite to labor as a full-time studio artisan over their entire career.
What kind of professional schooling is required?
One of the terrific elements about the field of visual design is that many of these education courses can be done in less than four school years. A large percentage of entry designer assignments do not insist on a Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Fine Arts degree.
Still, it might be key to attend a school which has a solid art and design department. With our current challenging economy, firms are nearly always thinking about recruiting the highest qualified people they can come across. And employers understand that many of the finest people were educated at the better colleges or schools.
Should a college or school help me locate a job?
Most of these academic institutions work hard to supply work placement solutions all through your career path. Job placement is certainly a high priority with them.
Want to get started?
See some local schools:
- ECPI’s programs keep you ahead of curve in today’s fast-growing tech industry
- SACS accredited with campuses in Virginia, Florida, North Carolina & South Carolina
- US News & World Report ranks Online Bachelor’s Programs among top 10%
- Choose from programs in Cybersecurity, Cloud Computing, Engineering & more
- Qualifying students can take faith in EPCI’s unwavering Fixed Tuition Pledge
- Web Design & Development
- Averett University is a top-ranked, fully-accredited institution that offers students over 30 undergraduate majors, minors and special programs, and 5 master's programs.
- Accelerated programs designed for convenience: choose from weekly evening courses at one of Averett's Virginia locations or study online and on your own time.
- Averett University was named one of Virginia’s top colleges for return on investment, and their average scholarship package lowers the cost of attendance further by almost 40%.
- Averett offers students learning experiences that mirror real-life situations. This means you can put today's lesson to the test during tomorrow’s workday.
- Averett University's 12:1 student-professor ratio makes your education a collaborative endeavor based on close relationships between students and faculty.
- Bachelor of Arts
- Full Sail’s curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement.
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average.
- Students work with industry-standard tools and technologies, allowing them to gain practical knowledge and real-world experience.
- Join us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram to interact with our community, read about grad success, and see campus images.
- Graphic Design, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- Computer Animation, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- Game Design, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- And more...
Or pick in a zip code and search for yourself:
Not sure if designing is the right career for you? You can read more about other local career training.