Are you considering going to college for a graphic design degree?
In case you’ve been imagining beginning a career path in art and design, you can probably find a good local or online university that offers either a certificate, associate’s or bachelor’s level program in the arts and design fields.
Exactly who is this subject best for?
Folks who possess some artistic skills can potentially do quite well in a graphic arts vocation. In all reality, anybody who does not have a certain amount of art talents will probably struggle in this industry.
The subject brings in art majors who choose to have a job within a creative job, but do not possess the drive or the appetite to labor as a full-time studio artisan over their entire career.
What kind of professional schooling is required?
One of the terrific elements about the field of visual design is that many of these education courses can be done in less than four school years. A large percentage of entry designer assignments do not insist on a Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Fine Arts degree.
Still, it might be key to attend a school which has a solid art and design department. With our current challenging economy, firms are nearly always thinking about recruiting the highest qualified people they can come across. And employers understand that many of the finest people were educated at the better colleges or schools.
Should a college or school help me locate a job?
Most of these academic institutions work hard to supply work placement solutions all through your career path. Job placement is certainly a high priority with them.
Want to get started?
See some local schools:
Arkansas College of Barbering and Hair Design (ACB) was incorporated under the laws of the state of Arkansas in May 1974. The school was previously located at 401 Main Street in North Little Rock, AR. In1984, the school was relocated to its current location at 200 East Washington Ave and has been incontinuous operation since that time. ACB opened with seven (7) students and sixteen (16) chairs andcurrently have forty-two (42) multi-purpose chairs and an average of sixty-five (65) students. Our purpose is to provide quality training in barbering and hairstyling to the residents of this and other states.
- Teacher, Manager, Instructor (TMI)
- Barber/Hair Stylist
- • Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *BestColleges.com Gold Medal of Distinction
- **excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- Master of Fine Arts: Graphic Design
- Full Sail’s curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement.
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average.
- Students work with industry-standard tools and technologies, allowing them to gain practical knowledge and real-world experience.
- Join us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram to interact with our community, read about grad success, and see campus images.
- Graphic Design, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- Computer Animation, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- Game Design, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- And more...
Or pick in a zip code and search for yourself:
Not sure if designing is the right career for you? You can read more about other local career training.