Are you considering going to college for a graphic design degree?
In case you’ve been imagining beginning a career path in art and design, you can probably find a good local or online university that offers either a certificate, associate’s or bachelor’s level program in the arts and design fields.
Exactly who is this subject best for?
Folks who possess some artistic skills can potentially do quite well in a graphic arts vocation. In all reality, anybody who does not have a certain amount of art talents will probably struggle in this industry.
The subject brings in art majors who choose to have a job within a creative job, but do not possess the drive or the appetite to labor as a full-time studio artisan over their entire career.
What kind of professional schooling is required?
One of the terrific elements about the field of visual design is that many of these education courses can be done in less than four school years. A large percentage of entry designer assignments do not insist on a Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Fine Arts degree.
Still, it might be key to attend a school which has a solid art and design department. With our current challenging economy, firms are nearly always thinking about recruiting the highest qualified people they can come across. And employers understand that many of the finest people were educated at the better colleges or schools.
Should a college or school help me locate a job?
Most of these academic institutions work hard to supply work placement solutions all through your career path. Job placement is certainly a high priority with them.
Want to get started?
See some local schools:
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 87% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- Master of Fine Arts: Graphic Design
- Online and on-campus programs include Cloud Technologies (BS), Mobile Development (BS), and Web Design and Development (BS)
- Curriculum designed to prepare students for a career in tech by immersing students in a project-based learning environment
- Students can learn how to manage cloud technology or gain coding skills for apps, websites, and software
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average
- Graphic Design, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- Computer Animation, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- Game Design, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- And more...
Or pick in a zip code and search for yourself:
Not sure if designing is the right career for you? You can read more about other local career training.