Are you considering going to college for a graphic design degree?
In case you’ve been imagining beginning a career path in art and design, you can probably find a good local or online university that offers either a certificate, associate’s or bachelor’s level program in the arts and design fields.
Exactly who is this subject best for?
Folks who possess some artistic skills can potentially do quite well in a graphic arts vocation. In all reality, anybody who does not have a certain amount of art talents will probably struggle in this industry.
The subject brings in art majors who choose to have a job within a creative job, but do not possess the drive or the appetite to labor as a full-time studio artisan over their entire career.
What kind of professional schooling is required?
One of the terrific elements about the field of visual design is that many of these education courses can be done in less than four school years. A large percentage of entry designer assignments do not insist on a Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Fine Arts degree.
Still, it might be key to attend a school which has a solid art and design department. With our current challenging economy, firms are nearly always thinking about recruiting the highest qualified people they can come across. And employers understand that many of the finest people were educated at the better colleges or schools.
Should a college or school help me locate a job?
Most of these academic institutions work hard to supply work placement solutions all through your career path. Job placement is certainly a high priority with them.
Want to get started?
See some local schools:
Arkansas College of Barbering and Hair Design (ACB) was incorporated under the laws of the state of Arkansas in May 1974. The school was previously located at 401 Main Street in North Little Rock, AR. In1984, the school was relocated to its current location at 200 East Washington Ave and has been incontinuous operation since that time. ACB opened with seven (7) students and sixteen (16) chairs andcurrently have forty-two (42) multi-purpose chairs and an average of sixty-five (65) students. Our purpose is to provide quality training in barbering and hairstyling to the residents of this and other states.
- Teacher, Manager, Instructor (TMI)
- Barber/Hair Stylist
- Campus-based and online degrees include Computer Animation (BS), Digital Arts and Design (BS), Graphic Design (BS), and more
- Students take ongoing portfolio courses that allow them to build and refine their design portfolio
- Courses teach skills such as advertising, branding, visual messaging, and concept design
- Curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement
- Graphic Design, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- Computer Animation, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- Game Design, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- And more...
- "Apply Now to The Art Institutes - Pursue Your Passion Today."
- Design & Technical Graphics (BS)
- Graphic & Web Design (BFA)
- Graphic Design (AS)
- And more...
Or pick in a zip code and search for yourself:
Not sure if designing is the right career for you? You can read more about other local career training.