Are you considering a design degree?
If you are looking into a career path in design, you should be able to enroll at the right nearby college or other school that delivers either a bachelor’s, associate’s or certificate level program in the fine arts and design area.
Who is this major suited for?
Men and women who have always had art ability will often succeed in a graphic design line of work. The fact is, anyone who does not have a certain amount of art competence will probably have difficulty in this occupation.
The field of study brings in fine art students who want to work within a artsy job, but do not have the aspiration or the interest to labor strictly as a full-time studio artisan for their whole work life.
What sort of formal education is needed?
On the list of terrific benefits about the business of visual design is that a great number of training courses could be passed in less than four school years. A large amount of starter designer jobs do not mandate a Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Fine Arts education.
Yet it might be key to attend a school with a good quality art and design program. In this highly competitive economy, interviewers are normally interested in selecting the highest qualified individuals they can come across. And companies understand that lots of the leading candidates took classes at the better universities or private institutions.
Should a college help me locate a job?
A good number of educational institutions strive to present employment placement information all through your career path. Work placement is considered a high priority with them.
Want to get started?
Here are some good choices:
- Online and Bachelor's programs include B.S. in Advertising, B.S. in Web Design, B.A. in Interior Design, and more
- Curriculum focus on preparing students for a creative career by teaching them the fundamentals of advertising and design
- Students can choose from courses that cover areas such as advertising concepts, art direction, experience design, and online marketing
- Over 50 locations nationwide, with a student support team dedicated to helping students grow
- Graphic Design (BS)
- Media Arts and Animation (BFA)
- Digital Photography (AS)
- And more...
- Campus-based and online degrees include Computer Animation (BS), Digital Arts and Design (BS), Graphic Design (BS), and more
- Students take ongoing portfolio courses that allow them to build and refine their design portfolio
- Courses teach skills such as advertising, branding, visual messaging, and concept design
- Curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement
- Graphic Design, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- Computer Animation, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- Game Design, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- And more...
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in California College San Diego is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
- Graphic Arts (AAS)
- Graphic Arts (BS)
- Web Design and Development (BS)
Or pick in a zip code and search for yourself:
Not sure if this is really the right career field for you? Options in CA.