Are you considering a design degree?
If you are looking into a career path in design, you should be able to enroll at the right nearby college or other school that delivers either a bachelor’s, associate’s or certificate level program in the fine arts and design area.
Who is this major suited for?
Men and women who have always had art ability will often succeed in a graphic design line of work. The fact is, anyone who does not have a certain amount of art competence will probably have difficulty in this occupation.
The field of study brings in fine art students who want to work within a artsy job, but do not have the aspiration or the interest to labor strictly as a full-time studio artisan for their whole work life.
What sort of formal education is needed?
On the list of terrific benefits about the business of visual design is that a great number of training courses could be passed in less than four school years. A large amount of starter designer jobs do not mandate a Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Fine Arts education.
Yet it might be key to attend a school with a good quality art and design program. In this highly competitive economy, interviewers are normally interested in selecting the highest qualified individuals they can come across. And companies understand that lots of the leading candidates took classes at the better universities or private institutions.
Should a college help me locate a job?
A good number of educational institutions strive to present employment placement information all through your career path. Work placement is considered a high priority with them.
Want to get started?
Here are some good choices:
- • Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *BestColleges.com Gold Medal of Distinction
- **excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- Master of Fine Arts: Graphic Design
- DEC Professional Photography
- Graphic Design, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- Computer Animation, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- Game Design, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- And more...
Your creativity is a big part of who you are and where you're going. To take it, and your future, as far as you want, you need an education that's focused on developing your talents and putting you on the path toward the creative career that stirs your imagination.
- Graphic & Web Design (BFA)
- Graphic Design (D)
- Graphic Design (BS)
- And more...
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in California College San Diego is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
- Graphic Arts (AAS)
- Graphic Arts (BS)
- Graphic Arts - Information Design (BS)
- And more...
Or pick in a zip code and search for yourself:
Not sure if this is really the right career field for you? Options in CA.