Are you considering a design degree?
If you are looking into a career path in design, you should be able to enroll at the right nearby college or other school that delivers either a bachelor’s, associate’s or certificate level program in the fine arts and design area.
Who is this major suited for?
Men and women who have always had art ability will often succeed in a graphic design line of work. The fact is, anyone who does not have a certain amount of art competence will probably have difficulty in this occupation.
The field of study brings in fine art students who want to work within a artsy job, but do not have the aspiration or the interest to labor strictly as a full-time studio artisan for their whole work life.
What sort of formal education is needed?
On the list of terrific benefits about the business of visual design is that a great number of training courses could be passed in less than four school years. A large amount of starter designer jobs do not mandate a Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Fine Arts education.
Yet it might be key to attend a school with a good quality art and design program. In this highly competitive economy, interviewers are normally interested in selecting the highest qualified individuals they can come across. And companies understand that lots of the leading candidates took classes at the better universities or private institutions.
Should a college help me locate a job?
A good number of educational institutions strive to present employment placement information all through your career path. Work placement is considered a high priority with them.
Want to get started?
Here are some good choices:
- Named a Best for Vets school by the Military Times in 2014.
- Has specialized in student-centered technology, business, criminal justice, health science, and culinary education for over 45 years.
- Makes it possible for students to earn a bachelor’s degree in 2.5 years or an associate’s in 1.5 years by providing a year-round schedule.
- Offers externships and clinical experience that help students prepare for life after they graduate.
- Has 10 campuses across the mid-Atlantic, plus online degree programs.
- Web Design & Development
- Campus-based and online degrees include Computer Animation (BS), Digital Arts and Design (BS), Graphic Design (BS), and more
- Students take ongoing portfolio courses that allow them to build and refine their design portfolio
- Courses teach skills such as advertising, branding, visual messaging, and concept design
- Curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement
- Graphic Design, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- Computer Animation, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- Game Design, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- And more...
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in California College San Diego is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
- Graphic Arts (AAS)
- Graphic Arts (BS)
Our objective is to prepare you for a life-long, successful career in Media Arts, Business or Information Technology. Our goal is to provide you with the best possible foundation that will serve you in your first job as well as throughout your career.
- Bachelor of Arts Degree in Media Arts and Design with a concentration in Game Arts and Design
General Assembly is a pioneer in education and career transformation, specializing in today’s most in-demand skills.
- User Experience Design (Full Time)
Liberty University provides a world-class education with a solid Christian foundation, equipping men and women with the values, knowledge, and skills essential for success in every aspect of life.
A liberal arts institution with 16 colleges and schools, Liberty offers programs in fields such as medicine, religion, law, aviation, cinematic arts, psychology, business, and more. Part of the Big South Conference, Liberty fields 20 NCAA Division I athletic teams and 32 Club Sports teams, offering fans an unparalleled college sports experience.
- Master of Fine Arts: Graphic Design
Your creativity is a big part of who you are and where you're going. To take it, and your future, as far as you want, you need an education that's focused on developing your talents and putting you on the path toward the creative career that stirs your imagination.
- Graphic Design (AS)
- Graphic & Web Design (BS)
- Media Arts and Animation (BFA)
- And more...
When students arrive at The Los Angeles Film School, they have passion and a dream. They know where they want to end up, but not how to get there. We will guide you on your journey through our associate’s and bachelor’s degree programs in Film, Recording Arts, Music Production, Animation & VFX, Game Production & Design and Entertainment Business toward fulfilling that dream.
- Bachelor of Science, Animation & VFX
Or pick in a zip code and search for yourself:
Not sure if this is really the right career field for you? Options in CA.