Are you interested in a graphic design career?
In case you are interested in beginning a professional career in art and design, you often will pick a pretty good local institution that delivers either a certificate, associate’s or bachelor’s diploma program in the fine arts and graphic arts fields.
What type of student is this field suited for?
Men and women who possess some artistic abilities might do very well in a art and design vocation. In fact, someone who doesn’t have some kind of artistic skill will likely have a much harder time of it in this industry.
The field of study interests fine art majors who would like to have a career within a artsy occupation, but just do not possess the motivation or the enthusiasm to work as a full-time studio artist for their entire work life.
Just what kind of professional training is needed?
One of many good elements about becoming a student of visual design is that a good number of training courses can be completed in less than four years. Numerous entry designer gigs do not insist on a Bachelor of Fine Arts or Bachelor of Arts qualification.
But it also can be necessary to join a school that features a quality visual design department. In our current competitive economy, companies are constantly drawn to choosing the best qualified candidates they can come up with. And these businesses realize that a number of the top-rated candidates were educated at the better colleges.
Will my college help me locate a job?
These types of educational institutions strive to furnish job placement information through your visual arts career path. Career placement is a priority with them.
Have you decided to get moving?
Schools in this category:
- Averett University is a top-ranked, fully-accredited institution that offers students over 30 undergraduate majors, minors and special programs, and 5 master's programs.
- Accelerated programs designed for convenience: choose from weekly evening courses at one of Averett's Virginia locations or study online and on your own time.
- Averett University was named one of Virginia’s top colleges for return on investment, and their average scholarship package lowers the cost of attendance further by almost 40%.
- Averett offers students learning experiences that mirror real-life situations. This means you can put today's lesson to the test during tomorrow’s workday.
- Averett University's 12:1 student-professor ratio makes your education a collaborative endeavor based on close relationships between students and faculty.
- Bachelor of Arts
- Campus-based and online degrees include Computer Animation (BS), Digital Arts and Design (BS), Graphic Design (BS), and more
- Students take ongoing portfolio courses that allow them to build and refine their design portfolio
- Courses teach skills such as advertising, branding, visual messaging, and concept design
- Curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement
- Graphic Design, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- Computer Animation, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- Game Design, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- And more...
Or pick in a zip code and search for yourself: