Thinking about majoring in art or graphic design?
In case you might be interested in a career in design, you often will enter a strong nearby university or other school that features either an associate’s, bachelor’s or certificate degree program in the fine arts and design fields.
Exactly who is this subject for?
Students who already have some art skills may flourish in a visual design vocation. In fact, a person who doesn’t have some artistic competence will certainly have a hard time in this subject.
The discipline entices art majors who choose to be in a creative profession, but do not have the ambition or the appetite to work strictly as a full-time studio artist for their entire career.
So what kind of professional schooling is needed?
One of the many terrific features about the business of visual arts is that a good number of training packages might be completely finished in under four years. Most starter design gigs do not demand that the job applicant have a Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Fine Arts diploma on their resume.
However, it might be pretty important to attend a school that features a respectable design program. In our aggressive job market, firms are always interested in hiring the most qualified individuals they can get a hold of. And employers understand that a lot of the leading applicants graduated from the good institutions.
Can my college help me find my first job?
All of these academic institutions do their best to provide job placement assistance all the way through your design career path. Employment placement is really a high priority with them.
Do you want to get rolling?
Some online and Illinois schools:
- Online and Bachelor's programs include B.S. in Advertising, B.S. in Web Design, B.A. in Interior Design, and more
- Curriculum focus on preparing students for a creative career by teaching them the fundamentals of advertising and design
- Students can choose from courses that cover areas such as advertising concepts, art direction, experience design, and online marketing
- Over 50 locations nationwide, with a student support team dedicated to helping students grow
- Join our next Open House on 2/15!
- Graphic & Web Design (BFA)
- Graphic Design (D)
- Graphic Design (BS)
- And more...
- Graphic Design, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- Computer Animation, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- Game Design, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- And more...
Or pick in a zip code and search for yourself: