Thinking about majoring in art or graphic design?
In case you might be interested in a career in design, you often will enter a strong nearby university or other school that features either an associate’s, bachelor’s or certificate degree program in the fine arts and design fields.
Exactly who is this subject for?
Students who already have some art skills may flourish in a visual design vocation. In fact, a person who doesn’t have some artistic competence will certainly have a hard time in this subject.
The discipline entices art majors who choose to be in a creative profession, but do not have the ambition or the appetite to work strictly as a full-time studio artist for their entire career.
So what kind of professional schooling is needed?
One of the many terrific features about the business of visual arts is that a good number of training packages might be completely finished in under four years. Most starter design gigs do not demand that the job applicant have a Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Fine Arts diploma on their resume.
However, it might be pretty important to attend a school that features a respectable design program. In our aggressive job market, firms are always interested in hiring the most qualified individuals they can get a hold of. And employers understand that a lot of the leading applicants graduated from the good institutions.
Can my college help me find my first job?
All of these academic institutions do their best to provide job placement assistance all the way through your design career path. Employment placement is really a high priority with them.
Do you want to get rolling?
Some online and Illinois schools:
- Full Sail’s curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement.
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average.
- Students work with industry-standard tools and technologies, allowing them to gain practical knowledge and real-world experience.
- Join us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram to interact with our community, read about grad success, and see campus images.
- Graphic Design, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- Computer Animation, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- Game Design, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- And more...
Or pick in a zip code and search for yourself: