Thinking about majoring in art or graphic design?
In case you might be interested in a career in design, you often will enter a strong nearby university or other school that features either an associate’s, bachelor’s or certificate degree program in the fine arts and design fields.
Exactly who is this subject for?
Students who already have some art skills may flourish in a visual design vocation. In fact, a person who doesn’t have some artistic competence will certainly have a hard time in this subject.
The discipline entices art majors who choose to be in a creative profession, but do not have the ambition or the appetite to work strictly as a full-time studio artist for their entire career.
So what kind of professional schooling is needed?
One of the many terrific features about the business of visual arts is that a good number of training packages might be completely finished in under four years. Most starter design gigs do not demand that the job applicant have a Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Fine Arts diploma on their resume.
However, it might be pretty important to attend a school that features a respectable design program. In our aggressive job market, firms are always interested in hiring the most qualified individuals they can get a hold of. And employers understand that a lot of the leading applicants graduated from the good institutions.
Can my college help me find my first job?
All of these academic institutions do their best to provide job placement assistance all the way through your design career path. Employment placement is really a high priority with them.
Do you want to get rolling?
Some online and Illinois schools:
Your creativity is a big part of who you are and where you're going. To take it, and your future, as far as you want, you need an education that's focused on developing your talents and putting you on the path toward the creative career that stirs your imagination.
- Illustration & Design (BFA)
- Has been training students for creative careers since 1921.
- Provides interactive course materials and unique approaches to curriculum that support multiple learning styles.
- Offers a 10% scholarship to eligible active duty, active and drilling members of the Reserve and National Guard.
- Its Online courses allow students to learn new course material every 5 ½ weeks.
- Accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE).
- Graphic Design (BS)
- Graphic Design (AS)
- Game Art & Design (BS)
- And more...
- Graphic Design, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- Computer Animation, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- Game Design, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- And more...
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Master of Fine Arts: Graphic Design
Or pick in a zip code and search for yourself: