So, you’re thinking about majoring in graphic design?
If you are thinking of starting a career in graphic design, you should be able to locate an affordable professional university that has either a bachelor’s, associate’s or certificate diploma program in the fine arts and graphic arts area.
Who is this discipline for?
Students who have art talent will often do quite well in a graphic design career. In all reality, someone who doesn’t have some kind of artistic skill is going to have difficulty in this profession.
This field of study brings in fine art majors who would want to work in a fun line of business, but just don’t have the motivation or the passion to labor solely as a full-time studio artisan for their complete work life.
So what kind of formal training is needed?
On the list of benefits about becoming a student of art and design is that a lot of these training programs might be completely finished in well under four school years. A great number of starting design positions do not mandate a Bachelor of Fine Arts or Bachelor of Arts qualification.
Still, it might be worthwhile to go to a school which has a quality graphic arts program. In our highly competitive economy, interviewers are constantly focused on choosing the most qualified job candidates they can get a hold of. And these interviewers understand that many of the leading applicants attended the better universities.
Will a university or school help me get my first job?
These Kansas schools do their best to supply you with career placement direction through your visual design career. Employment placement is a top priority with them.
Is it time to get moving?
Here are a few choices:
- Averett University is a top-ranked, fully-accredited institution that offers students over 30 undergraduate majors, minors and special programs, and 5 master's programs.
- Accelerated programs designed for convenience: choose from weekly evening courses at one of Averett's Virginia locations or study online and on your own time.
- Averett University was named one of Virginia’s top colleges for return on investment, and their average scholarship package lowers the cost of attendance further by almost 40%.
- Averett offers students learning experiences that mirror real-life situations. This means you can put today's lesson to the test during tomorrow’s workday.
- Averett University's 12:1 student-professor ratio makes your education a collaborative endeavor based on close relationships between students and faculty.
- Bachelor of Arts
- Campus-based and online degrees include Computer Animation (BS), Digital Arts and Design (BS), Graphic Design (BS), and more
- Students take ongoing portfolio courses that allow them to build and refine their design portfolio
- Courses teach skills such as advertising, branding, visual messaging, and concept design
- Curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement
- Graphic Design, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- Computer Animation, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- Game Design, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- And more...
When students arrive at The Los Angeles Film School, they have passion and a dream. They know where they want to end up, but not how to get there. We will guide you on your journey through our associate’s and bachelor’s degree programs in Film, Recording Arts, Music Production, Animation & VFX, Game Production & Design and Entertainment Business toward fulfilling that dream.
- Bachelor of Science, Graphic Design (Online)
Or pick in a zip code and search for yourself: