Are you right for a career in graphic design?
If you’ve been thinking of going to school for a career in graphic arts, you can probably locate a pretty good local institution that delivers either a bachelor’s, associate’s or certificate level program in the arts and graphic arts fields.
What kind of person is this field suited for?
Individuals who already have some artistic abilities may flourish in a graphic design career path. In fact, any person who doesn’t have a bit of art skill will likely have difficulty in this field.
The field of study interests art majors who would want to have a job in a artsy profession, but do not possess the desire or the appetite to work solely as a full-time studio artisan over their complete work life.
So what level of formal schooling is needed?
On the list of great elements about the field of visual design is that many of these training packages could be passed in well under four years. A great deal of starter designer opportunities do not necessitate a Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Fine Arts education.
Even so, it can be important to go to a school which has a good quality art and design department. With this tough economy, businesses are typically looking for hiring the best qualified candidates they can get a hold of. And these firms realize that a great deal of the top individuals come from the better universities or private institutions.
Can my university or school help me find my first job?
These types of academic institutions do their best to offer professional placement recommendations throughout your visual design career path. Employment placement is considered a priority with them.
Want to get going?
Take a look at some KY choices:
- • Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *BestColleges.com Gold Medal of Distinction
- **excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- Master of Fine Arts: Graphic Design
- Associate of Applied Science in Computer Graphic Design
- Bachelor of Art in Computer Graphic Design
- DEC Professional Photography
- Graphic Design, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- Computer Animation, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- Game Design, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- And more...
Sullivan University is a private institution of higher learning dedicated to providing educational enrichment opportunities for the intellectual, social and professional development of its students.
- Web Design & Application Development Certificate
Your creativity is a big part of who you are and where you're going. To take it, and your future, as far as you want, you need an education that's focused on developing your talents and putting you on the path toward the creative career that stirs your imagination.
- Graphic & Web Design (BFA)
- Graphic & Web Design (AA)
- Media Arts and Animation (BFA)
Or pick in a zip code and search for yourself: