Do you have the qualities to succeed as a graphic designer?
In case you are looking at going to school for a career path in graphic arts and design, you often will pick a really good local university or other school that offers either an associate’s, bachelor’s or certificate level program in the arts and graphic arts field.
What type of student is this discipline best for?
Individuals who have got artistic ability will often do well in a graphics line of work. Essentially, anyone who lacks the necessary artistic skill will probably struggle in this career path.
The line of work draws in art majors who prefer to be within a creative occupation, but just don’t have the urge or the passion to work strictly as a full-time studio artisan for their entire career.
Just what sort of professional training is needed?
On the list of nice features about the field of design is that a great number of education programs might be passed in well under four school years. Most first designer gigs do not have the need for a Bachelor of Fine Arts or Bachelor of Arts diploma.
Still, it can be key to attend a school that includes a respectable design department. With our current demanding economy, managers are constantly serious about choosing the most qualified prospects they can come across. And these companies know that the majority of the outstanding candidates were educated at the better institutions.
Should a college or school help me get started in a job?
The majority of these institutions work hard to supply you with professional placement direction through your visual arts career. Career placement is certainly a top priority with them.
Is it time to get started?
Schools that might work for you:
- Averett University is a top-ranked, fully-accredited institution that offers students over 30 undergraduate majors, minors and special programs, and 5 master's programs.
- Accelerated programs designed for convenience: choose from weekly evening courses at one of Averett's Virginia locations or study online and on your own time.
- Averett University was named one of Virginia’s top colleges for return on investment, and their average scholarship package lowers the cost of attendance further by almost 40%.
- Averett offers students learning experiences that mirror real-life situations. This means you can put today's lesson to the test during tomorrow’s workday.
- Averett University's 12:1 student-professor ratio makes your education a collaborative endeavor based on close relationships between students and faculty.
- Bachelor of Arts
- Full Sail’s curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement.
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average.
- Students work with industry-standard tools and technologies, allowing them to gain practical knowledge and real-world experience.
- Join us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram to interact with our community, read about grad success, and see campus images.
- Graphic Design, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- Computer Animation, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- Game Design, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- And more...
Or pick in a zip code and search for yourself: