Does a graphic design career sound interesting to you?
In case you are thinking about beginning a professional career in graphic arts and design, you often will enter a good public or private institution that delivers either an associate’s, bachelor’s or certificate qualification program in the arts and design discipline.
Who is this major best for?
People who have art talents may succeed in a graphic design vocation. In most cases, any person who doesn’t have a bit of artistic talents will probably have a hard time in this profession.
The field brings in art majors who would want to end up within a fun profession, but do not have the motivation or the enthusiasm to labor solely as a full-time studio artisan for their complete work life.
What type of professional schooling is necessary?
One of many nice benefits about studying visual arts is that a lot of these training programs can be undertaken in under four school years. Numerous beginning design positions do not necessitate a Bachelor of Fine Arts or Bachelor of Arts diploma.
But it can be worthwhile to go to a school with a good quality visual arts department. In our current challenging job market, managers are always interested in locating the highest qualified people they can track down. And managers understand that a large amount of the top individuals were taught at the better universities or private institutions.
Will my college help me with my career?
The majority of academic institutions make an effort to present work placement assistance throughout your art and design career path. Employment placement is a high priority with them.
Would you like to get rolling?
There are some good options:
- Campus-based and online degrees include Computer Animation (BS), Digital Arts and Design (BS), Graphic Design (BS), and more
- Students take ongoing portfolio courses that allow them to build and refine their design portfolio
- Courses teach skills such as advertising, branding, visual messaging, and concept design
- Curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement
- Graphic Design, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- Computer Animation, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- Game Design, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- And more...
The Berkeley Advantage®
Preparing students for professional and personal success is what Berkeley College is all about. From career-focused degree and certificate programs offered in some of today’s most in-demand professions to extensive support resources, YOU are at the center of everything we do at Berkeley. Our commitment to students begins with their very first inquiries.
- BFA, Graphic Design
Or pick in a zip code and search for yourself: