A degree in graphic design can prepare an individual for an exciting career.
If you are thinking about working for a career in graphic arts and design, you can probably locate a good local university that delivers either a certificate, associate’s or bachelor’s qualification program in the arts and graphic arts subject.
What kind of person is this subject for?
Individuals who are blessed with art skill may do quite well in a design line of work. Truthfully, any individual who doesn’t have a little art capability will probably have a hard time in this industry.
This line of work entices art students who wish to end up in a creative line of work, but do not possess the desire or the interest to work as a full-time studio artist for their whole career life.
So what level of formal training is needed?
Among the terrific elements about going into design is that a good number of education packages might be successfully done in under four school years. Numerous initial designing positions do not insist on a Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Fine Arts education.
But it also might be important to join a school which includes a solid visual arts department. With our tough economy, companies are generally interested in hiring the best qualified prospects they can track down. And companies realize that a lot of the very best people come from the good universities or private institutions.
Will my college or school help me get my first job?
A number of these academic institutions do their best to furnish work placement guidance through your art and design career life. Work placement is a high priority with them.
Would you like to get rolling?
Schools you could consider:
- Averett University is a top-ranked, fully-accredited institution that offers students over 30 undergraduate majors, minors and special programs, and 5 master's programs.
- Accelerated programs designed for convenience: choose from weekly evening courses at one of Averett's Virginia locations or study online and on your own time.
- Averett University was named one of Virginia’s top colleges for return on investment, and their average scholarship package lowers the cost of attendance further by almost 40%.
- Averett offers students learning experiences that mirror real-life situations. This means you can put today's lesson to the test during tomorrow’s workday.
- Averett University's 12:1 student-professor ratio makes your education a collaborative endeavor based on close relationships between students and faculty.
- Bachelor of Arts
- Online and on-campus programs include Cloud Technologies (BS), Mobile Development (BS), and Web Design and Development (BS)
- Curriculum designed to prepare students for a career in tech by immersing students in a project-based learning environment
- Students can learn how to manage cloud technology or gain coding skills for apps, websites, and software
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average
- Graphic Design, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- Computer Animation, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- Game Design, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- And more...
Or pick in a zip code and search for yourself:
You may not be suited for a career in designing. This page has details on shorter diplomas.