A degree in graphic design can prepare an individual for an exciting career.
If you are thinking about working for a career in graphic arts and design, you can probably locate a good local university that delivers either a certificate, associate’s or bachelor’s qualification program in the arts and graphic arts subject.
What kind of person is this subject for?
Individuals who are blessed with art skill may do quite well in a design line of work. Truthfully, any individual who doesn’t have a little art capability will probably have a hard time in this industry.
This line of work entices art students who wish to end up in a creative line of work, but do not possess the desire or the interest to work as a full-time studio artist for their whole career life.
So what level of formal training is needed?
Among the terrific elements about going into design is that a good number of education packages might be successfully done in under four school years. Numerous initial designing positions do not insist on a Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Fine Arts education.
But it also might be important to join a school which includes a solid visual arts department. With our tough economy, companies are generally interested in hiring the best qualified prospects they can track down. And companies realize that a lot of the very best people come from the good universities or private institutions.
Will my college or school help me get my first job?
A number of these academic institutions do their best to furnish work placement guidance through your art and design career life. Work placement is a high priority with them.
Would you like to get rolling?
Schools you could consider:
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 87% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- Master of Fine Arts: Graphic Design
- Campus-based and online degrees include Computer Animation (BS), Digital Arts and Design (BS), Graphic Design (BS), and more
- Students take ongoing portfolio courses that allow them to build and refine their design portfolio
- Courses teach skills such as advertising, branding, visual messaging, and concept design
- Curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement
- Graphic Design, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- Computer Animation, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- Game Design, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- And more...
Or pick in a zip code and search for yourself:
You may not be suited for a career in designing. This page has details on shorter diplomas.