A graphic designer’s job can be a combination of interesting but challenging elements.
In case you have been interested in starting a career in graphic design, you often will find a quality professional university or other school that provides either a bachelor’s, associate’s or certificate level program in the arts and graphic arts field.
Who is this career path for?
Men and women who have always had some art abilities may do very well in a art and design career path. The truth is, anybody who does not have some kind of artistic skills is likely to have a much harder time of it in this industry.
The discipline interests art students who wish to be within a fun industry, but do not have the urge or the interest to labor as a full-time studio artisan over their complete career.
So what kind of formal schooling is necessary?
Among the list of awesome elements about the business of visual arts is that a number of these training packages can be done in well under four school years. A great number of starting designing gigs do not have the need for a Bachelor of Fine Arts or Bachelor of Arts qualification.
But it might be important to go to a school that has a positive graphic arts department. With the present demanding job market, recruiters are typically serious about choosing the highest qualified people they can find. And recruiters know that a large amount of the top individuals took courses at the better colleges.
Can a college help me get my first job?
Many of these schools try hard to furnish professional placement services all through your visual arts career life. Job placement is always a high priority with them.
Would you like to get going?
Take a look at these schools:
- Full Sail’s curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement.
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average.
- Students work with industry-standard tools and technologies, allowing them to gain practical knowledge and real-world experience.
- Join us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram to interact with our community, read about grad success, and see campus images.
- Graphic Design, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- Computer Animation, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- Game Design, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- And more...
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Master of Fine Arts: Graphic Design
New England Institute of Technology is a private, non-profit, co-educational technical university offering over 50 Associate in Science, Bachelor of Science and Master of Science degree programs. As a leader in technical career education in southern New England, New England Institute of Technology (also known as New England Tech or NEIT) is committed to providing hands-on technological programs that prepare graduates for positions of leadership in the technical, industrial, business, and allied health communities. Most of our associate degree programs can be completed in as little as 18 months, and bachelor’s degree programs in as little as three years. Last year, over 3,000 students chose New England Tech for the hands-on laboratory and classroom training that provides the necessary skills to begin their technical careers.
- BS - Graphics Multimedia and Web Design
- AS - Graphics, Multimedia and Web Design
Or place in a zip code and search for yourself:
You may not be interested in a long designing career. Discover more at this page.