Graphic design can be a great career – is it right for you?
In case you have been wondering about going to school for a career path in graphic arts and design, you can probably enroll at a quality local college or other school that features either an associate’s, bachelor’s or certificate qualification program in the arts and design discipline.
What kind of person is this particular field made for?
Individuals who already have art abilities can potentially succeed in a graphic arts career path. Actually, anybody who does not have a bit of art capability is likely to struggle in this field.
The career path draws in fine art students who would like to have a career in a fun industry, but just don’t have the desire or the focus to labor solely as a full-time studio artisan over their complete work life.
So what level of formal training is needed?
One of the many great benefits about going into visual design is that many of these training courses could be successfully done in under four school years. Many beginning design jobs do not demand a Bachelor of Fine Arts or Bachelor of Arts diploma.
But it might be necessary to attend a school that has a decent art and design program. With the present tough employment market, managers are almost always looking at recruiting the most qualified prospects they can come across. And firms believe that a lot of the finest candidates attended the good universities.
Will my university or school help me with my career?
A number of these educational institutions try hard to deliver employment placement counseling all through your art and design career life. Work placement is really a high priority with them.
Would you like to get rolling?
We have built a list of schools:
- Online and Bachelor's programs include B.S. in Advertising, B.S. in Web Design, B.A. in Interior Design, and more
- Curriculum focus on preparing students for a creative career by teaching them the fundamentals of advertising and design
- Students can choose from courses that cover areas such as advertising concepts, art direction, experience design, and online marketing
- Over 50 locations nationwide, with a student support team dedicated to helping students grow
- Join our next Open House on 2/15!
- Graphic & Web Design (BFA)
- Graphic Design (D)
- Graphic Design (BS)
- And more...
- Graphic Design, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- Computer Animation, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- Game Design, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- And more...
Berks Technical Institute (BTI) has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Our faculty and staff work to ensure that when you’ve completed your program, you’re truly ready to begin your career.
- Graphic Design - Associate in Specialized Technology
Or pick in a zip code and search for yourself:
You may want to take a look at some other career fields at http://www.tradeschoolsonline.com