Thinking about going to school for a graphic design degree?
In case you’ve been thinking about going to school for a career path in design, you often will find an affordable public or private school that features either an associate’s, bachelor’s or certificate diploma program in the arts and graphic arts discipline.
What kind of person is this discipline for?
Students who already have some artistic talents can potentially do quite well in a design line of work. In all reality, a person who does not have some kind of art ability is going to have difficulty in this business.
This area of study brings in art students who would want to end up in a artsy job, but just do not possess the drive or the passion to labor strictly as a full-time studio artist for their entire career.
So what sort of professional education is necessary?
One of the many terrific features about the field of design is that a few of these training courses could be done in less than four years. A good number of beginner designer jobs do not mandate a Bachelor of Fine Arts or Bachelor of Arts degree.
Even so, it can be necessary to enroll at a school that has a reputable graphic arts department. In the present aggressive job market, firms are generally drawn to locating the highest qualified individuals they can track down. And firms recognize that a large number of the prime candidates come from the good universities.
Should my school help me locate a job?
Most of these academic institutions work diligently to include job placement aid all the way through your work life. Career placement is really a priority with them.
Would you like to get started?
You can begin with this list:
- Graphic Design, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- Computer Animation, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- Game Design, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- And more...
At SNHU, we believe everyone should have greater access to higher education. That’s why we offer over 200 accredited degree programs, flexible class schedules, and some of the lowest online tuition rates in the nation. We offer military tuition discounts up to 30% toward online undergraduate and graduate degree programs for U.S. service members, both full and part time, and the spouses of those on active duty.
- Bachelor of Arts in Graphic Design and Media Arts with concentration in 3-D
- BA Graphic Design and Media Arts
- BA Game Art and Development
- And more...
- Don't let another year go by without earning your degree!
- Education Connection is here to help you find the right program—and we do it for FREE.
- We match you with online, on campus, and hybrid degree programs in your field of interest
- Take the first step by answering some quick questions about your goals.
- Get matched to online degree programs today and don’t stay stuck for all of 2018, too!
Or pick in a zip code and search for yourself:
You may not be suited for a career as a designer. So click to see more about vocational and trade programs.