Thinking about going to school for a graphic design degree?
In case you’ve been thinking about going to school for a career path in design, you often will find an affordable public or private school that features either an associate’s, bachelor’s or certificate diploma program in the arts and graphic arts discipline.
What kind of person is this discipline for?
Students who already have some artistic talents can potentially do quite well in a design line of work. In all reality, a person who does not have some kind of art ability is going to have difficulty in this business.
This area of study brings in art students who would want to end up in a artsy job, but just do not possess the drive or the passion to labor strictly as a full-time studio artist for their entire career.
So what sort of professional education is necessary?
One of the many terrific features about the field of design is that a few of these training courses could be done in less than four years. A good number of beginner designer jobs do not mandate a Bachelor of Fine Arts or Bachelor of Arts degree.
Even so, it can be necessary to enroll at a school that has a reputable graphic arts department. In the present aggressive job market, firms are generally drawn to locating the highest qualified individuals they can track down. And firms recognize that a large number of the prime candidates come from the good universities.
Should my school help me locate a job?
Most of these academic institutions work diligently to include job placement aid all the way through your work life. Career placement is really a priority with them.
Would you like to get started?
You can begin with this list:
- Averett University is a top-ranked, fully-accredited institution that offers students over 30 undergraduate majors, minors and special programs, and 5 master's programs.
- Accelerated programs designed for convenience: choose from weekly evening courses at one of Averett's Virginia locations or study online and on your own time.
- Averett University was named one of Virginia’s top colleges for return on investment, and their average scholarship package lowers the cost of attendance further by almost 40%.
- Averett offers students learning experiences that mirror real-life situations. This means you can put today's lesson to the test during tomorrow’s workday.
- Averett University's 12:1 student-professor ratio makes your education a collaborative endeavor based on close relationships between students and faculty.
- Bachelor of Arts
Or pick in a zip code and search for yourself:
You may not be suited for a career as a designer. So click to see more about vocational and trade programs.