Thinking about going to school for a graphic design degree?
In case you’ve been thinking about going to school for a career path in design, you often will find an affordable public or private school that features either an associate’s, bachelor’s or certificate diploma program in the arts and graphic arts discipline.
What kind of person is this discipline for?
Students who already have some artistic talents can potentially do quite well in a design line of work. In all reality, a person who does not have some kind of art ability is going to have difficulty in this business.
This area of study brings in art students who would want to end up in a artsy job, but just do not possess the drive or the passion to labor strictly as a full-time studio artist for their entire career.
So what sort of professional education is necessary?
One of the many terrific features about the field of design is that a few of these training courses could be done in less than four years. A good number of beginner designer jobs do not mandate a Bachelor of Fine Arts or Bachelor of Arts degree.
Even so, it can be necessary to enroll at a school that has a reputable graphic arts department. In the present aggressive job market, firms are generally drawn to locating the highest qualified individuals they can track down. And firms recognize that a large number of the prime candidates come from the good universities.
Should my school help me locate a job?
Most of these academic institutions work diligently to include job placement aid all the way through your work life. Career placement is really a priority with them.
Would you like to get started?
You can begin with this list:
- Online and Bachelor's programs include B.S. in Advertising, B.S. in Web Design, B.A. in Interior Design, and more
- Curriculum focus on preparing students for a creative career by teaching them the fundamentals of advertising and design
- Students can choose from courses that cover areas such as advertising concepts, art direction, experience design, and online marketing
- Over 50 locations nationwide, with a student support team dedicated to helping students grow
- Join our next Open House on 10/21 (10/28 @ select locations)!
- Graphic & Web Design (BFA)
- Graphic Design (D)
- Graphic Design (BS)
- And more...
- Graphic Design, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- Computer Animation, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- Game Design, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- And more...
Or pick in a zip code and search for yourself:
You may not be suited for a career as a designer. So click to see more about vocational and trade programs.