So, you’re thinking about becoming an art or design major?
If you have been wondering about beginning a professional career in graphic design, you can probably pick a quality local or online college that delivers either a bachelor’s, associate’s or certificate qualification program in the fine arts and graphic arts subject.
Who is this career path suited for?
People who already have art abilities might do very well in a graphics vocation. In most cases, a person who doesn’t have a little artistic ability may have a much harder time of it in this occupation.
The discipline entices fine art majors who wish to be within a fun industry, but just don’t possess the aspiration or the focus to work as a full-time studio artist for their entire career life.
Just what type of formal education is required?
One of the many good elements about the business of visual design is that some of these training packages can be done in well under four years. A large percentage of first design assignments do not need a Bachelor of Fine Arts or Bachelor of Arts qualification.
Even though there are positions that don’t need a degree, it might be worthwhile to go to a school which has a first-rate graphic arts department. In our current highly competitive job market, organizations are typically drawn to selecting the most qualified job applicants they can track down. And these interviewers recognize that a good deal of the leading individuals went to the better institutions.
Can my college or school help me get started in a job?
The majority of these academic institutions make an effort to provide occupation placement help throughout your career life. Employment placement is truly a top priority with them.
Is it time to get started?
Get started with these schools:
- • Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *BestColleges.com Gold Medal of Distinction
- **excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- Master of Fine Arts: Graphic Design
BEAU was founded on the belief that everyone in the industry - from artists to technicians to producers -can and should build off one another's talents. At BEAU, you'll be a part of a culture of creativity where ideas have a fertile ground to grow and adapt to changes in the industry and trends in the scene. Whether your focus is fine arts, production arts or the business side of the industry, BEAU programs are designed to give you the knowledge and tools you need to see the bigger picture.
BEAU is nestled in the heart of Salt Lake City, surrounded by inspiration! This town is a bustling hub of art, culture and music across a spectrum of genres and interests. All year round, immerse yourself in your kind of "scene" from art festivals, fine arts exhibits, new music performances and film screenings!
- Bachelor of Fine Arts in Visual Design - Graphic Design
- Bachelor of Fine Arts in Visual Design Animation
- Bachelor of Fine Arts in Visual Design - Game Art
- Graphic Design, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- Computer Animation, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- Game Design, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- And more...
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in Stevens-Henager College is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
- Graphic Arts (AAS)
- Graphic Arts (BS)
- Graphic Arts - Information Design (BS)
- And more...
Or pick in a zip code and search for yourself: