Graphic design is a great career field – but is it right for you?
If you might be interested in going after a career path in graphic arts and design, you often will enroll at a high-quality professional institution that has either a certificate, associate’s or bachelor’s diploma program in the fine arts and graphic arts subject.
Who is this discipline best for?
Men and women who have got some art talents can potentially flourish in a graphics vocation. The reality is, someone who lacks a certain amount of artistic capability will probably have a hard time in this discipline.
The career path entices fine art students who would love to have a job within a creative occupation, but really don’t possess the ambition or the focus to work as a full-time studio artist for their entire career life.
So what type of formal schooling is needed?
Among the cool features about going into art and design is that a good number of education courses could be done in well under four years. A large amount of starter designing jobs do not call for a Bachelor of Fine Arts or Bachelor of Arts education.
Even though there are positions that don’t need a degree, it might be key to join a school that features a reputable art and design department. With this aggressive employment market, interviewers are nearly always looking at choosing the most qualified job applicants they can come across. And these employers are aware that a great number of the prime individuals were taught at the good universities.
Can my college help me with my career?
A great number of institutions try hard to present work placement guidance throughout your work life. Work placement is certainly a top priority with them.
Have you decided to get started?
This short list can get you started:
Your creativity is a big part of who you are and where you're going. To take it, and your future, as far as you want, you need an education that's focused on developing your talents and putting you on the path toward the creative career that stirs your imagination.
- Graphic Design (AS)
- Game Art & Design (BFA)
- Graphic Design, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- Computer Animation, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- Game Design, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- And more...
- Don't let another year go by without earning your degree!
- Education Connection is here to help you find the right program—and we do it for FREE.
- We match you with online, on campus, and hybrid degree programs in your field of interest
- Take the first step by answering some quick questions about your goals.
- Get matched to online degree programs today and don’t stay stuck for all of 2018, too!
Or pick in a zip code and search for yourself: