Graphic design offers many different career paths. Maybe one is right for you?
In case you might be wondering about going after a career in graphic arts and design, you can probably pick a really good public or private university or other school that provides either an associate’s, bachelor’s or certificate level program in the arts and graphic arts subject.
What type of student is this particular field for?
People who have got art ability will often do quite well in a graphic arts career. In general, anybody who lacks a certain amount of art talents will almost certainly have difficulty in this business.
This particular field attracts fine art majors who prefer to work in a fun line of business, but just do not have the desire or the passion to labor strictly as a full-time studio artist over their entire work life.
So what sort of professional schooling is necessary?
Among the awesome features about learning art and design is that a good number of training programs could be finished in well under four years. A large percentage of first designer positions do not demand a Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Fine Arts qualification.
But it also might be key to go to a school with a high-quality visual design program. In this competitive job market, employers are normally drawn to taking on the most qualified job applicants they can come up with. And businesses are aware that a number of the outstanding prospects graduated from the better universities.
Will a college help me get hired at my first job?
The majority of these schools make an effort to furnish job placement information all through your designing career. Employment placement is always a high priority with them.
Want to get started?
We have a list of affordable options:
At SNHU, we believe everyone should have greater access to higher education. That’s why we offer over 200 accredited degree programs, flexible class schedules, and some of the lowest online tuition rates in the nation. We offer military tuition discounts up to 30% toward online undergraduate and graduate degree programs for U.S. service members, both full and part time, and the spouses of those on active duty.
- Bachelor of Arts in Graphic Design and Media Arts with concentration in 3-D
- BA Graphic Design and Media Arts
- BA Game Art and Development
- And more...
- Graphic Design, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- Computer Animation, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- Game Design, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- And more...
- Don't let another year go by without earning your degree!
- Education Connection is here to help you find the right program—and we do it for FREE.
- We match you with online, on campus, and hybrid degree programs in your field of interest
- Take the first step by answering some quick questions about your goals.
- Get matched to online degree programs today and don’t stay stuck for all of 2018, too!
Or pick in a zip code and search for yourself: