Thinking about getting started in the art or graphic design field?
In case you are interested in a career in art and design, you should be able to locate a decent regional college or other school that has either a bachelor’s, associate’s or certificate diploma program in the arts and graphic arts fields.
What type of student is this career path best for?
Individuals who possess some art skills can potentially do quite well in a graphics vocation. The reality is, any person who does not have some art abilities is likely to have a hard time in this business.
The line of work draws in fine art majors who would want to have a career within a artsy line of work, but really don’t possess the hunger or the appetite to labor strictly as a full-time studio artist for their complete work life.
Just what level of professional schooling is necessary?
One of the great features about becoming a student of art and design is that a few of these training courses can be passed in well under four years. A large percentage of starting designing jobs do not command a Bachelor of Fine Arts or Bachelor of Arts education.
Still, it might be necessary to attend a school that includes a really good visual design department. In the current highly competitive employment market, interviewers are generally looking at choosing the highest qualified applicants they can track down. And these interviewers know that the majority of the outstanding individuals took classes at the better schools.
Should my university or school help me get started in a job?
All of these schools strive to give employment placement help and advice throughout your career path. Career placement is really a priority with them.
Want to get started?
Look through this short list:
- Campus-based and online degrees include Computer Animation (BS), Digital Arts and Design (BS), Graphic Design (BS), and more
- Students take ongoing portfolio courses that allow them to build and refine their design portfolio
- Courses teach skills such as advertising, branding, visual messaging, and concept design
- Curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement
- Graphic Design, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- Computer Animation, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- Game Design, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- And more...
When students arrive at The Los Angeles Film School, they have passion and a dream. They know where they want to end up, but not how to get there. We will guide you on your journey through our associate’s and bachelor’s degree programs in Film, Recording Arts, Music Production, Animation & VFX, Game Production & Design and Entertainment Business toward fulfilling that dream.
- Bachelor of Science, Graphic Design (Online)
Or pick in a zip code and search for yourself: